Sign in to follow this  
dovy

Are there any better alternatives to Invision IPS?

Title

Xenforo is a excellent alternative although it does lack a lot of the features IPS has. 

Personally I think after vBulletin went to version 4 and cut out a lot of the theme choices, IPS took over.

I'm trying phpBB these days, with some goodies installed. While it's not a bad software, I think IPS has a better ACP and still wins over other alternatives.

Some people complain about the php template system and that the the syntax used in IPS is a mess, only to defend NodeJS...

Xenforo is good,but IPS wins over all.

im thinking about phpbb or xenforo, but eventually you can use smf if you want something simple

There are a lot of different forum software out there. Free, nulled and paid. You just need to look around and see what suits your needs the best.

There is obviously IPS (which I find to be the best), phpBB, myBB, SMF, vbullietin, the list is just too many to go into.

Head Guru - Personal Blog: https://www.zacdrayson.com |Business Website: https://www.hydrawebservices.com

MyBB I think is better, you must not have coding skills for pugins install, is free, has all functions, private messaging, nice pugins, all what a forum needs. I installed it and I am very satisfied. Why I must take a payed platform ? No sense I think.

Particularly I prefer IPB, I've used vBulletin a lot, but it's outdated.

What do you think? Remember the human.