FLASH SALE (EXTENDED TO 2/21/19)! Take 20% off all store products! Read more... ×
We're hiring! We are accepting applications for Junior Moderator, Uploader, and Support Team. Read more... ×
Having trouble connecting to our Discord server or has your role been mistakenly removed? Let us know! Read more... ×
franky500

IPS 4.3 Add sidebar to pages without one

Question

Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions really,

Is there a way for me to add a sidebar to pages without one?

Specifically there are 2 places i want to add a sidebar but there is no sidebar widget area available.  First if for the "Members List Pro" app   The second is for the Forum view page (where topics are listed).  I feel like there should be a reasonably simple template edit but for the life of me i'm missing it.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Is there a way for me to add a sidebar to pages without one?

I Don't really understand what you mean.

You can create a new block/widget for any plugin:

pages->blocks-> add new block (select plugin) ->select your plugin and configure it.The last tab will show you the template, you can modify how you need .

For topics, there is a recent topic widget already.

If that is not what you needed, correct me

Right

{template="sidebar" if="theme.sidebar_position == 'right'" app="core" group="global" params="'right'"}

Left

{template="sidebar" if="theme.sidebar_position == 'left'" app="core" group="global" params="'left'"}

{template="widgetContainer" group="global" app="core" params="'header', 'horizontal'"}

Bottom

{template="widgetContainer" group="global" app="core" params="'footer', 'horizontal'"}

What do you think? Remember the human.