For a limited-time, upgrade to +Blizzard for $35 USD and receive the following:

— a free copy of Oblivion Light.
— a free copy of WebFlake Trackers Bundle.
— a free WF Halloween Member Badges (PSD).

You can visit this thread below for more details regarding the original promotion.
CLICK HERE

Contact @Davlin to make a purchase or for questions / comments.

DeteCT0R

IPS 4.3 IPS passwords

Question

I am currently working something and i just want to ask how i can remove the password hashing?

I want to use plain text password does need hashing :D 

6 answers to this question

I'm not sure if that's even possible unless directly going through the file system and changing the encryption. IPS probably has encrypted passwords built in, so that you can't do that.

14 hours ago, appleoper said:

I'm not sure if that's even possible unless directly going through the file system and changing the encryption. IPS probably has encrypted passwords built in, so that you can't do that.

It is possible i do it one time with older IPB(4.3) but on the latest i didnt found where is checking the password after user try login.

i dont think that would be a good idea to do that witch if a member found out that you new there password that can give you much headache that would be as if you hacked there account in your admin you can not see there password witch protects the member identity   (that's my opinion?)

1 hour ago, mr-pimpen said:

i dont think that would be a good idea to do that witch if a member found out that you new there password that can give you much headache that would be as if you hacked there account in your admin you can not see there password witch protects the member identity   (that's my opinion?)

Not that the reason why i want. I want test something with my gameserver plugin(some login/register system). Actually this is old game and does support much so i cant play with plugin thats why i choose the easy methmod.

21 minutes ago, DeteCT0R said:

Not that the reason why i want. I want test something with my gameserver plugin(some login/register system). Actually this is old game and does support much so i cant play with plugin thats why i choose the easy methmod.

the most unsafe one if hackers aquire that txt file you have an issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady C said:

the most unsafe one if hackers aquire that txt file you have an issue.

i agree with you!

What do you think? Remember the human.