Limited-Time Donation Special!
Upgrade to Snow for $20 USD and receive a free copy of Oblivion Light ($5 discount).
Upgrade to +Blizzard for $35 USD and receive a free copy of Oblivion Light ($15 discount).

Please visit the thread below for more details.
CLICK HERE

Contact @Davlin with questions or comments.

Davlin

[Release Notes] 4.0.5

• Inactivity Notice will no longer display to banned users.
  • In an effort to curb the spam, we've placed a few more restrictions on Inactive Members. Users have been responding to announcements with "cool site", "great update", "WebFlake is the best", etc. While such comments are flattering, they're spam. Similar spam occurred in Tutorials with "thanks", "this works", etc.
    • New Threads: now restricted to Off-topic Lounge, Member Introductions, and the Tutorials/Support areas for IPS, XenForo, and WordPress.
    • Replies: now restricted to Off-topic Lounge, Member Introductions, and the Support areas for IPS, XenForo, and WordPress.
  • Moved the footer ad inside the main wrapper.
  • Advertisements now display for Elite and Legendary members.
  • Footer ad now correctly displays for appropriate groups.
    • Note: the only groups that are not exposed to ads are Administrators, Senior Mods, Mods, Junior Mods, +Blizzard, Snow, and Frost. We're aware that many users have AdBlock or similar services installed on their browsers and are exploring our options for combating this. Advertisements are one of our two sources for site funding (the other being donations). Please consider disabling your ad-blocking services for WebFlake.

View full release

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Nice update! I had ad-block on for this site, but I have just this minute allowed this website access, I hope this helps! Keep up the good work Davlin

Good work, nice update

I think it's a good step but, I pay for something to come back and download the updates. However I'm forced to make a couple of posts before I can access my paid files isn't so flattering.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beano said:

I think it's a good step but, I pay for something to come back and download the updates. However I'm forced to make a couple of posts before I can access my paid files isn't so flattering.

That's a fair point, however, purchasing a file shouldn't exempt a user from any of our policies. Exceptions are made, of course, with donators but purchasing a file is not a donation.

Your access to a purchased file isn't removed indefinitely — a single post will restore your previous permissions. A second post is only necessary to restore your previous group. We understand that this isn't the most popular format but it is what it is.

We will explore our options for improving this in the future but given the current limitations of group promotions, I make no guarantees that the current format will change.

Thank you for the feedback!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Davlin said:

Your access to a purchased file isn't removed indefinitely — a single post will restore your previous permissions. A second post is only necessary to restore your previous group. We understand that this isn't the most popular format but it is what it is.

You'd be surprised at how many message boards are using this rule now. I personally think it's a good idea for that rule to be in place, it stops the leechers.

On 7/13/2018 at 12:54 AM, Davlin said:

That's a fair point, however, purchasing a file shouldn't exempt a user from any of our policies. Exceptions are made, of course, with donators but purchasing a file is not a donation.

We will explore our options for improving this in the future but given the current limitations of group promotions, I make no guarantees that the current format will change.

Thank you for the feedback!

Thank you for your response, overall I have no problems with anything else.

All the best!

What do you think? Remember the human.