Limited-Time Donation Special!
Upgrade to Snow for $20 USD and receive a free copy of Oblivion Light ($5 discount).
Upgrade to +Blizzard for $35 USD and receive a free copy of Oblivion Light ($15 discount).

Please visit the thread below for more details.
CLICK HERE

Contact @Davlin with questions or comments.

Sign in to follow this  
William2000

AMD or Intel

I am thinking of building a new computer but not sure which processor to go for, what would be better for performance and money?

Well, it comes down to budget. If you're willing to spend money, go down the Intel route. Even a 4th i5 can be competitive today. I recommend finding an i5 4690(k) or i7 2xxx series. As for AMD, I wouldn't get their FX series CPU's. Their Ryzens are definitely worth looking at and priced reasonably.

if budget aint a problem then go for intel

I'm user of Intel Core i7 7700K and it's enough for me, as I know it's better than AMD CPUs.

"If budget isn't an issue, go Intel"
Eh. I'm not sure this is AS true as it used to be.

AMD has it's monster 16 core CPUs on the market currently and 32 core CPUs coming soon.

Honestly? Without knowing what the purpose of your new machine is going to be, there isn't much point. If you're gaming, Intel seems to have better reliability and often higher clock speeds.
If you're planing on running things like Plex or other "services" then a higher core count, even at a slightly lower clock speed, would be more beneficial.

Yeah Ryzen is crazy with their several CPUs. I guess it also does depend on budget but if you want to be more "Mainstream" then intel probably has more community and user base for "higher end" pcs.

I recommend you to get an Intel CPU .. I have Intel core i7 3770k and is doing great .

I use it with Hackintosh!

I prefer intel but amd kayzen are very good!

I have always had intel on the main pc, but now the Ryzen seem good to me I can not wait to try them!

I was used AMD, but when I tried Intel - Immediately noticed a difference 😅

you're going for custom build so you might as well go with intel i wouldn't go with AMD not because it's bad or anything because it lacks power including the FPS. trust me i have custom build AMD & INTEL running on 2 GPU's i highly recommend going with intel CPU. 

What do you think? Remember the human.