WebFlake is currently in the process of upgrading fully to IPS 4.2.
We are aware that various functions may not be working correctly, or missing entirely.
Please use our Bug Tracker and Suggestions Tracker to help us with this transition.

You can dismiss this message at your discretion. Thanks!

Gh0S7

Discord Integration - Prevent Dupe Logins

Question

Gh0S7    7

Hi,  I want to know if you guys would know how to do the following because I'm getting duplicate accounts due to existing site users using the discord sign in option.  It's very misleading and my site users don't understand what they're doing wrong.

If I remember correctly,  if the site user isn't logged in through the default way,  that's why this happens... Otherwise it'll tell them their account is not synced.

I have pondered on a possible solution that may be a simple fix but idk how to implement this remedy if it's even possible.

• Hide Discord Login Method for Guest

1. It can't be hidden through group permissions for app settings =(

Resolution:
Redirect Guest from signing up through discord to the site's sign up.  The link to the problem seems to be at this url: 

https://discordapp.com/api/v6/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=367508591281831936&redirect_uri=https://yoursitename.com/applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php&scope=email identify guilds.join&state=front-d531d17910d6c0f959c3fd532eff83af-aHR0cHM6Ly9sZWdpb25lbGl0ZS5uZXQvaW5kZXgucGhwPy9sb2dpbi8=

Site Owners: 

To find your link like the above do the following on your site... 

Goto > Account Settings > Discord > and disassemble your discord account.  Then logout and click on "Sign in with Discord" > accept auth > and look at the url in your browser bar. 

I'm thinking there's a way to redirect it to the site's main login but I'm not 100% sure if that's even the correct link because I don't know what the url looks like for existing site users after they syn with discord through their account settings. 

What are your thoughts? 

3 answers to this question

Cookie Monster    624

These are the issues that are known.

https://github.com/ABSAhmad/IpsDiscordIntegration/issues

For one is the Duplicate Member Part.

What I'm thinking would possibly be a workaround, could be to disable the registration through discord, (so you only register one user) then on 4.2 use complete your profile and require discord integration to be completed ;) (Though i still think this will give you 2 users)

Gh0S7    7
4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

These are the issues that are known.

https://github.com/ABSAhmad/IpsDiscordIntegration/issues

For one is the Duplicate Member Part.

What I'm thinking would possibly be a workaround, could be to disable the registration through discord, (so you only register one user) then on 4.2 use complete your profile and require discord integration to be completed ;) (Though i still think this will give you 2 users)

Yeah,  I think it would indeed still cause dupe accounts.  Tbh,  it's probably got more to do with discords api.  It's very basic but then again,  it may be possible to edit some files contained in the jar file after installation and setup but idk if it would break anything. 

I don't know enough about how all that stuff works fully but I have a general idea I think. 

I may throw up a test site eventually and I'll likely sink my teeth into the very gut of the application and play a little guess work to see if I can break it to pieces or somehow fix it entirely.  Idk really if it's even worth trying.  I feel like you guys would understand more of what you were looking at than I would.  That php,  java and stuff is quite foreign to me still but who knows.  I or someone else might actually figure out a great fix or hack that would work efficiently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cookie Monster    624
10 hours ago, Gh0S7 said:

contained in the jar file after installation and setup but idk if it would break anything. 

I don't know enough about how all that stuff works fully but I have a general idea I think

I think it's tar not jar. And if you don't know the stuff you will break most things. 

Also it's not Java it's javascript two major complete different things like. A cat dog. Yes both animals but quite different. 

Wait for a possible fix from the developer is my solution to you 

What do you think? Remember the human.