Seduction

Cloudflare or Incapsula?

Seduction    1

Hello Boys & Girls,

I have a Tonga (.to) Domain, and i am using Cloudflare (to hide the Server IP & Protect me from DDoS). Now i found an Cloudflare Resolver, which shows the real IP behind Cloudflare. :angry: I really dont know what should i do now. Stay with Cloudflare, or dont use Cloudflare, or use another Provider.

I searched in Google for an Cloudflare Alternative, and found Incapsula: https://www.incapsula.com/

I created an Account there, but i cant add A Records oder CNAME in the Tonga DNS Panel. I can only add primary and secondary Nameserver:

58f09f57d1cb2_FireShotScreenCapture002-Tonic-EditDNSInformation-www_tonic_to_editdns_htm_G2158FA6.png.887e6e6f9727be680184918fbcae183c.png

So i cant use Incapusla, because is necessary to add A Records and a CNAME.  Is here anybody using Incapsula or Cloudflare?

Cookie Monster    688

This sounds to me like a cat and mouse game. If people want to find the IP they can simple.

The IP of a person or a computer will always be resolved as that is the communication principle. BUT as you are trying your best to hide it i understand.

But to what you are asking, the reason you can only add the Nameservers is that, I would think that it's what that is controlling the DNS and the IP's

So when you have set the NS (NameServers) to CloudFlare then its CloudFlarethat is controlling all your domains and DNS settings. So when someone request to visit your domain they have to go through CloudFlare and that is where their security kicks in.

@Seduction This video is 1 year old but worth a try ? 

Edited by Cookie Monster
Added a video
  • Upvote 1

Seduction    1
12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

This video is 1 year old but worth a try ? 

Will do it right now. Thx Cookie.

The Link from Ice Flake sounds very complicated, because i am not a VPS or Cloudflare pro.

Cookie Monster    688
7 minutes ago, Seduction said:

Will do it right now. Thx Cookie.

The Link from Ice Flake sounds very complicated, because i am not a VPS or Cloudflare pro.

Well its not complicated its informal :) 

Consider them rule of thumb:thumbs_up: or guidelines for maximum protection. 

• Upvote 1

redryan    1

Video is WRONG.

They found your ip by your email headers.

Just use an external email provider then your own host.

• Like 1

What do you think? Remember the human.