WebFlake is currently in the process of upgrading fully to IPS 4.2.
We are aware that various functions may not be working correctly, or missing entirely.
Please use our Bug Tracker and Suggestions Tracker to help us with this transition.

You can dismiss this message at your discretion. Thanks!

Morpheus    59
Posted (edited)

Hello Flakes, I have made something out of boredom. It's a simple alternative logo for WF and maybe you guys like it?

3USe61p.png

Edited by Morpheus
  • Upvote 2

Hidden Ninja    184

Awesome logo,but I think right now we would be sticking to the original logo, it's simple and nice looking and we have only just changed it. I'll be sure to pass this over to the team though! :) 

Cookie Monster    644

I would agree with @Hidden Ninja its just updated. Though it looks the same just a different font. Other then that i think it was a great suggestion to come with. Though as said, i believe its just changed and don't need a 2nd change.

Sarah.    22

It's pretty good.

• Upvote 1

Debug    57

Looks great! Although maybe the current logo fits in with the skin a tad bit better.

Saviour    137

I do like it but it doesn't set WebFlake's theme. That font doesn't show that professional feel that we've had for WebFlake for so long.

• Upvote 1

Jrock    188

I for one, like it. It's sleek, yet has a sassy attitude to it. It's got enough flare but it's not quite to the point to where it's trashy like graffiti on a Chicago train car.

Let us not forget some of our original logos that had some flare to them as well:

UmkAseb.png

7uHHRUz.png

I think the line in the @Morpheus design should be removed and have just a gradient difference between the top and bottom, and it would be a serious competitor for a future logo.

@Saviour, sure we can be professional. But this isn't a corporation. We can have some style along with it too. The site shouldn't be as boring as a cubicle either.

Stormie    8

I do like how it kind of morphs the snowflake and the wording though, the current logo looks really basic, almost like someone who has never used photoshop before could just launch the program and type it up, at least with this one it shows some unification with the logo so it doesn't look so separate from the icon and the name. Just me, would like to see more of your work @Morpheus

• Upvote 1

Chance    42
Posted (edited)

I'm not too sure about this. The gradients are very Web 2.0, and considering this is a web resource oriented forum, keeping up with the modern styles is something essential.

In 2017, I'd suggest that the gradients are subtle, and the font be clean and professional. Some niches can get away with a logo of this caliber, but not one like WebFlake. 

There's a lot of "choppiness" as well with the snowflake. 

The ambition is nice, though. i just feel like the style needs to be modernized. :P KIU.

*Had no clue this topic was this old. Just the second down in the Design forum. Oops. Lol. 

Edited by Chance
  • Upvote 1

Morpheus    59

Hey @Chance!

You are totally right, it is Web 2.0 because of the strong dividing line.

As a Web & Graphics Designer like your custom user title says, you will know that this one here is 2 minutes of work, I'm right buddy? :)

Thanks for your feedback! ♥

Chance    42
1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Hey @Chance!

You are totally right, it is Web 2.0 because of the strong dividing line.

As a Web & Graphics Designer like your custom user title says, you will know that this one here is 2 minutes of work, I'm right buddy? :)

Thanks for your feedback! ♥

Well, yes! Mostly just layer styles, but nontheless, it's pleasing to see people still creating things as hobbyists. A few years ago, hobbyist designers were everywhere, nowadays though, its hard to find people who just design to design, so I really enjoy seeing people such as yourself making the ambitious move towards designing just to design. 

Even nowadays with me having a career in designing, I still like designing for the fun of it. I hope you continue your drive for it, which I see you are with that last topic you made! :)

What do you think? Remember the human.