Limited-Time Donation Special!
Upgrade to Snow for $20 USD and receive a free copy of Oblivion Light ($5 discount).
Upgrade to +Blizzard for $35 USD and receive a free copy of Oblivion Light ($15 discount).

Please visit the thread below for more details.
CLICK HERE

Contact @Davlin with questions or comments.

Dannyiscool4

What is your favorite forum software?

Me too, ATM i`m using IPB 3.4.6 and i`m happy with it.

VBulletin is shxt.

Maybe xenforo or Woltlab Burning Board is an idea worth.

Only the SEO-Capabilities from IPB are a little ... bad. VB is much more better in this point.

• Upvote 1

I like IPS but compared to all other forums its the most expensive to upkeep, I bought my licence and now have to pay $60 per 6 months to get updates $120 a year no other board does that, so since 2006 my board on forum fees alone not including addons has cost $260.00 + then $60 every 6 months so that board has cost me $1340.00 + addons so far.

Far more than any other board in existance it is the most expensive board on the market, but I beg to differ is is not the best, it is the simplist to set up and use, but there are better and cheaper boards and many great free boards.

They are pricing themselves out of business, as people are turning more to Social Media now as they have greater interaction and can attract a greater audience, and are free and does everything people need. And you dont get banned for the slightest disgression because they decide they dont like you.

That is what is killing off Bullitin Boards, I would say in the next few years you will not see any, at the present rate of closures and the breach of trust forums display ie your information is not protected, Is not yours, can be freely given to others without your knowledge or permission even private information that is not on display such a PM,s Date of Birth, email address, and various other items. All these factors are contibuting to the demise of These Boards, and the lack of Interest also.

• Upvote 2

Personally I love IPS due to it's user friendly admin panel and it is easy in use but it's really expensive to keep up.

Kind Regards,
Artic

Personal favourite would be XenForo 1.5.7 or vBulletin 4. Powerful and cheap to maintain (with vB4 being free updates for life of the license ).

MVCForum is good for integrating with a website also.

IPB 4.1 I was working on 3.4 but now I am working on 4.1 and I love it.

On 3/26/2017 at 0:38 PM, Popeye said:

I like IPS but compared to all other forums its the most expensive to upkeep, I bought my licence and now have to pay $60 per 6 months to get updates $120 a year no other board does that, so since 2006 my board on forum fees alone not including addons has cost $260.00 + then $60 every 6 months so that board has cost me $1340.00 + addons so far.

Far more than any other board in existance it is the most expensive board on the market, but I beg to differ is is not the best, it is the simplist to set up and use, but there are better and cheaper boards and many great free boards.

They are pricing themselves out of business, as people are turning more to Social Media now as they have greater interaction and can attract a greater audience, and are free and does everything people need. And you dont get banned for the slightest disgression because they decide they dont like you.

That is what is killing off Bullitin Boards, I would say in the next few years you will not see any, at the present rate of closures and the breach of trust forums display ie your information is not protected, Is not yours, can be freely given to others without your knowledge or permission even private information that is not on display such a PM,s Date of Birth, email address, and various other items. All these factors are contibuting to the demise of These Boards, and the lack of Interest also.

I agree totally with this. It's why I moved away from the forum approach to be honest. People want things easily accessible from their phones now. If it isn't like the big 3 (FB, IG, Snap) then likely the crowd isn't going to gather like they used too. Heck even private chat rooms aren't as active as they used to be.

But with the topic on hand vBulletin 3.8.7 was by FAR my favorite forum software. I had every plugin and theme i needed. Worked stabley for years, but alas security concerns and the lot so I moved to IPS... 3.4 being my favorite but I miss the 3.1-3.2 days.

Now i just use wordpress and let social media handle the discussion part.

What do you think? Remember the human.