Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vertigo

MyISAM vs InnoDB

14 posts in this topic

In IPS circles, opinions regarding these two engines seem to be divided.

I'll be benchmarking them in a couple of days, but in the meanwhile I'd like to know which one are you guys using on your databases and how fast do you reckon your site is because of your choice.

Edited by vertigo

In IPS circles, opinions regarding these two engines seem to be divided.

I'll be benchmarking them in a couple of days, but in the meanwhile I'd like to know which one are you guys using on your databases and how fast do you reckon your site is because of your choice.

The posts on IPB on the subject are also rather outdated i think (and made while using IPB3). Getting benchmark results from you in the next couple days would be grand.

Preliminarily it seems that using InnoDB on all tables doesn't bring much improvement. I still need to run more concrete tests though.

i'm using myisam on my fansite board because my fansite host is not great configured for innodb.

on my own server i always use innodb!

MyIsam => for many request project and website

InnoDB => for e-commerce database or secure database only is not good for a big project and for website because :

• no index full text integration
  • need more ressource and more powerfull and is more low.

So for a forum ipb no search ! the best is MyIsam, InnoDB is just completly useless for him and slow the server for nothing

InnoDB => for e-commerce database or secure database only is not good for a big project and for website because :

So for a forum ipb no search ! the best is MyIsam, InnoDB is just completly useless for him and slow the server for nothing

you are wrong, look.

https://blogs.oracle.com/MySQL/entry/comparing_innodb_to_myisam_performance

innodb also does not lock the table, MyISAM locks the table all the time requiring repair.
I use InnoDB from the IPB 1.0.X and now I'm using 4.0.1.3.1 and never had a problem with the database, I have a community with 10,000 active members at the same time and +1000.000 registered members. today I have a dedicated server 18 core + SSD + 3x 250GB + 64GB ram and works very fast, you must do several tuner in order to use all the hardware resources.

you are wrong, look.

https://blogs.oracle.com/MySQL/entry/comparing_innodb_to_myisam_performance

innodb also does not lock the table, MyISAM locks the table all the time requiring repair.
I use InnoDB from the IPB 1.0.X and now I'm using 4.0.1.3.1 and never had a problem with the database, I have a community with 10,000 active members at the same time and +1000.000 registered members. today I have a dedicated server 18 core + SSD + 3x 250GB + 64GB ram and works very fast, you must do several tuner in order to use all the hardware resources.

my god  ! when i read this, i laf so a lot ..... so look a real test ^^

Graphs.thumb.png.bc8b0d2742b9c8a381d0905

Edited by titcrunch

@titcrunch

real test? who it was that did the test, have any references?
q see the example cited above, was a test by Oracle, and as I mentioned above, Inno you have to make a tuner to better utilize hardware resources, MyISAM does not recommend for large websites, you'll have endless problems.

man plz read corectly your article is oracle test with parameter desactivate and only in read format with 90% scalability across CPU in innodb for make him more faster of myisam .... 

Edited by titcrunch

I'm using MyISAM because my hosting provider doesn't support InnoDB and I don't see much differences 

On 13/10/2015 at 3:04 PM, titcrunch said:

wrong. InnoDB is more secure, more fast and better performance.

On 15/2/2016 at 10:59 AM, sir.reyo said:

I'm using MyISAM because my hosting provider doesn't support InnoDB and I don't see much differences 

that depends what forum software are you using...

why you quote and talk is not a secret more you have request in read or insert more innodb is slow and very bad, and the system need more ressource to work ... so donc say is more fast and better performance is very strong in 80% of realistic project .... i

Edited by titcrunch

What do you think? Remember the human.