WebFlake is currently in the process of upgrading fully to IPS 4.2.
We are aware that various functions may not be working correctly, or missing entirely.
Please use our Bug Tracker and Suggestions Tracker to help us with this transition.

You can dismiss this message at your discretion. Thanks!

Galaxy

Apache vs Nginx

Galaxy    9

Apache and Nginx are the two most common open source web servers in the world. Which one do you use?

• Upvote 2

Nervodx    120

I'm running Nginx. Not for any particular reason and I have no opinion one way or the other.

• Upvote 1

buddyxl    1

I use nginx for my static content (css/js/img) and Apache with Varnish for my dynamic content. So my IPB setup splits the static/dynamic content. Very helpful with performance & load.

Phun    1,025

Webflake is on Nginx ?

​Yes sir.

Nervodx    120

I use nginx for my static content (css/js/img) and Apache with Varnish for my dynamic content. So my IPB setup splits the static/dynamic content. Very helpful with performance & load.

​That's really cool. How did you accomplish that?

Phun    1,025

I'm wondering why you're using this configuration. Does it give you any benefits over JUST NGiNX with PHP fpm? Using all three seems like it'd use a lot of resources unnecessarily.

Nervodx    120

I'm wondering why you're using this configuration. Does it give you any benefits over JUST NGiNX with PHP fpm? Using all three seems like it'd use a lot of resources unnecessarily.

​That is true. I'd like to run a speed test on WebFlake vs. that site.

What do you think? Remember the human.