Galaxy

Apache vs Nginx

54 posts in this topic

Apache and Nginx are the two most common open source web servers in the world. Which one do you use?

I'm running Nginx. Not for any particular reason and I have no opinion one way or the other.

I use both :D

Apache for everything, Nginx for fun :D

NGiNX.

I use nginx for my static content (css/js/img) and Apache with Varnish for my dynamic content. So my IPB setup splits the static/dynamic content. Very helpful with performance & load.

Webflake is on Nginx ?

​Yes sir.

I use nginx for my static content (css/js/img) and Apache with Varnish for my dynamic content. So my IPB setup splits the static/dynamic content. Very helpful with performance & load.

​That's really cool. How did you accomplish that?

I'm wondering why you're using this configuration. Does it give you any benefits over JUST NGiNX with PHP fpm? Using all three seems like it'd use a lot of resources unnecessarily.

I'm wondering why you're using this configuration. Does it give you any benefits over JUST NGiNX with PHP fpm? Using all three seems like it'd use a lot of resources unnecessarily.

​That is true. I'd like to run a speed test on WebFlake vs. that site.

Apache 

What do you think? Remember the human.