Added new General Discussions forum category.
New forum: Gaming
- For everything gaming-related, such as new games, game reviews, clans, eSports, etc.
New forum: Entertainment
- Discuss TV, movies, music, and sports.
New forum: Cryptocurrency
- Give or get advice on Bitcoin. Discuss trends or new investments with new currency.
New forum: Technology
- iOS and Mac, Android, PC builds, etc.
New forum: Member Contests & Giveaways
- Create contests or giveaways for your fellow members to participate in.
- Off-topic Lounge and Member Introductions have been moved to the General Discussions category.
- All posts in the Off-topic Lounge have been archived to accommodate the new forum additions.
- Speaking of archives, our Archives forum is now part of the WebFlake category.
- New forum: Gaming
We've updated some forum permissions for all users:
Hosting forum, previously known as "Servers", can now be used to discuss any and all hosting, including offering hosting recommendations.
- We will still delete threads and warn users that exploit this forum to advertise their own reseller hosting.
- Website Showcase forum no longer requires Staff approval for new threads. Members and above can create new threads; all users can respond. Members are now permitted to advertise their site, seek Staff, or continue asking for reviews.
- Hosting forum, previously known as "Servers", can now be used to discuss any and all hosting, including offering hosting recommendations.
- All forums now have a unique forum icon.
We've made some changes to our navigation menu:
- Downloads is its own tab now.
- Reordered all tabs to better suit member needs.
- Added a new Trackers hub: https://webflake.sx/trackers/
Blocked the usage of throwaway/temporary emails.
- WebFlake no longer allows the use of throwaway or temporary emails and we've begun pruning members that are using them. As a courtesy, any member with five posts or more has had their email updated to a dummy email. If you're still using a throwaway or temporary email, you need to change it immediately.
- Improved and updated our CloudFlare service, complete with a rough draft for a redirect.
- Added new colored notifications.
- DISCORD: Added new reminder message in #support.
- DISCORD: Adjusted several channel permissions to limit non-member access.
Welcome to the beginning of a new WebFlake!
Over the next few weeks, you'll be seeing a handful of updates with 4.4.x that will lead up to our 5.0 release which will unveil an overhauled member system.
These updates will be focused on promoting community and friendship — all while still providing you with the latest and safest content.
You can catch up on some of our discussions regarding new features, here: https://webflake.sx/topic/28800-upcoming-major-features-changes/