We like to keep it simple at WebFlake but there are a few things that you should keep in mind to make your stay enjoyable.
These guidelines are here to protect those who post just as much as they are designed to assist those who moderate. By posting here at WebFlake, you agree to abide by these guidelines and waive any right to continued membership should we deem it necessary to terminate said membership.
- One account per household. You are not permitted to access another user's account, ever.
- Vulgar, offensive or otherwise obscene usernames will result in a ban.
- Impersonating Staff, popular trademarks, or other misleading names is forbidden.
- Nude or sexualized profile photos, profile cover photos, and signatures are forbidden.
- This is an English-speaking forum. Use a translator or your post will be removed.
- Familiarize yourself with the board. Posting in the correct forums will provide you with more timely replies. Please take a moment to search for a solution to your problem before posting a support topic.
- Please use descriptive topic titles. Topics like "Help!", "Look", or "Error" are not acceptable and will be removed.
- Advanced Members and above, including Donators, may submit file requests. Do not post file requests in the incorrect forums.
- Think of the human. If you're giving criticism, try to be as constructive as possible and be respectful. Flaming will not be tolerated.
- If a topic is locked by a Staff member, leave it. Do not create a duplicate topic.
You may only bump your topic once every two (2) days, from the date of the last post.
- Bumping is not permitted anywhere else on this site.
Please avoid replying to "dead" topics unless you have something truly constructive to add.
- Typically, topics older than 1-2 weeks are considered dead. Off-topic threads do not apply.
Responding to any content with "thanks", "good", "cool" or anything of the sort is considered spam.
- This includes one-word responses or "welcome" posts in intro topics.
- If you feel the need to express gratitude, use the reputation system, the review system, or thank them via PM.
- When posting a lengthy amount of code, don't just wrap it in Code tags, wrap the code and the Code tags in Spoiler tags. This prevents having to scroll endlessly to move past the code when viewing a topic.
- Copy / pasting the same message in created topics or creating several pointless spam topics in an effort to fraudulently increase your post count or for any other reason is prohibited.
- Do NOT send unsolicited support requests to other users or Staff. This includes content that is sexual in nature, solicitation of funds, unsolicited advertising of your site or services, as well as support, product, or service requests. Failure to comply may result in PM and/or account suspensions. This includes asking for support via Discord outside of the intended #support channel.
- WebFlake is not a "hacking" community. Discussions of how or encouragement to "hack" (DDOS, etc) will result in suspension(s).
- While we want to inspire creativity and promote freedom on the internet, we do not provide support for websites that are pornographic in nature.
- Any content that involves vulnerabilities, compromises their account, or exposes end-users to potentially malicious code is not permitted here.
- Status updates are not to be used for requesting support, complaining about other users or Staff, or for advertisements of your site, services, or needs.
- You may advertise your website in your signature, but it must not be of a similar nature to WebFlake or a third-party hosting provider and it cannot contain pornography or other lewd materials. If you become inactive at WebFlake, your signature may be removed. You may not advertise for Staff positions in your signature. If you are banned at WebFlake, your signature will be removed. We will also remove signatures that are nasty and/or not in the spirit of our community guidelines (and you may have action taken against you for that). One site link per signature, please.
- Pictures are permitted within signatures but keep in mind that large images or images that cause forum lag will be removed. We don't want your signature to hinder the browsing experience of others. Obviously, pictures must comply with our community guidelines. Please refrain from using excessive multi-colored text, flash graphics, or otherwise obnoxious images in your signatures. These are annoying and distracting. In addition, please refrain from using excessive special characters and emoticons in your signatures. Again, these are very distracting. Finally, do not increase the text size to make your forum signature "stand out". The standard text size is absolutely fine. Let's keep the text in signatures somewhat uniform, as crazy varieties just make the forum look sloppy and distracting.
- Recommended image size is 200px or less.
Have a good time, act maturely, be friendly, make friends, and discover! That's what this community is all about. Please avoid drama. We dislike it too when things go wrong but there's a report button. Do not "call out" other users - just report their post!
- Community Rules & Guidelines
- Uploads Rules & Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions or if you're hesitant about posting something somewhere, feel free to PM one of our Staff members. We typically reply within a day. This rules may change without any notice from the staff team, in which it is your duty to regularly read the rules for any slight changes.