We like to keep it simple at WebFlake, but there are a few things that you should keep in mind to make your stay enjoyable.
These guidelines are here to protect those who post, just as much as they are designed to assist those who moderate. By posting here at WebFlake, you agree to abide by these guidelines and waive any right to continued membership should we deem it necessary to terminate said membership.
- One account per household. You may not use another user's account either, regardless of your relationship with them. Both accounts are subject to banning. Contact an Administrator for details on creating accounts for family/spouses.
- Vulgar, offensive or otherwise obscene names will be changed. Repeated violations will result in an account ban.
- Please avoid nude or otherwise lascivious avatars for your profile and/or signature. These will be removed, and a warning will be issued. Repeated violations will result in an account ban.
- This is an English-speaking forum. If you can't be bothered to at least use a translator, we can't be bothered to do so either. Your post will be deleted.
- Familiarize yourself with the board. Posting in the correct forums will provide you with more timely replies. Please take a moment to search for a solution to your problem before posting a support topic.
- Please use descriptive topic titles. Topics like "Help!", "Look", or "Error" are not acceptable and will be removed.
- Think before you post. If you're giving criticism, try to be as constructive as possible and be respectful. Flaming will not be tolerated.
- Please avoid controversial subjects. Political, racial, and sexual subjects are better left to other communities. We are a webmaster community, after all.
- 15 non-spam posts are required to make hook/application/skin/rip requests. Please do not post requests in the incorrect forums.
- You may only bump your topic once every two (2) days, from the date of the last post. Bumping is not permitted anywhere else on this site.
- Please avoid replying to "dead" topics unless you have something truly constructive to add (typically topics older than 1-2 weeks are considered dead).
- If a topic is locked by a Staff member, leave it. Do not create a duplicate topic.
- Responding to any content with "thanks", "good", "cool" or anything of the sort is considered spam. This includes one-word responses or "welcome" posts in intro topics. Staff will take appropriate action! If you feel the need to express gratitude, use the reputation system, the review system, or thank them via PM.
- When posting a lengthy amount of code, don't just wrap it in Code tags, wrap the code and the Code tags in Spoiler tags. This prevents having to scroll endlessly to move past the code when viewing a topic.
- Copy / pasting the same message in topics or creating several pointless spam topics in an effort to fraudulently increase your post count or for any other reason is prohibited.
In light of recent issues involving unethical business practice and dysfunctional websites, we are no longer allowing the advertising of hosting services by regular members. This means you cannot link to, recommend, or otherwise promote a hosting service that is not an accredited name-brand business such as:
- .. this list is not all-inclusive. If you're unsure if a company belongs on this list, contact an Administrator.
Advertising any independent hosting services (especially your own) will result in the removal of the post/topic and potentially warrant account penalty, with the following exception:
- Administrators and Moderators, as volunteers to this community, are clearly a trustworthy commodity and therefore completely exempt from this new policy. They can advertise their service or a service they currently use.
- Junior Moderators, Support, Uploaders and Retired Staff are able to apply for an exemption by contacting an Administrator. Moderators are not permitted to make exemptions.
- Donators, Advanced Members, and Members are subject to this policy at all times, no exceptions.
As an additional clarification, this does not mean if you are a GoDaddy reseller you can still advertise your services. The issue here is not the service rendered but the capacity in which it is, that all too often results in investment loss or incompetent support.
This advertising policy applies to all features on the website. You may not use your profile, your signature, PMs or any other feature on this site to advertise third-party hosting services.
- Do NOT send unsolicited support requests to other users or Staff. This includes content that is sexual in nature, solicitation of funds, distribution or request of Donator content, unsolicited advertising of your site or services, as well as support, product, or service requests. Failure to comply may result in PM and/or account suspensions. This includes asking for support via Discord outside of the intended #support channel.
- Please do not engage in the trading or exchange of reputation points.
- Ripped themes are permitted here. Do not respond to download threads attacking the OP, or ranting about rips. You're using a free service.
- WebFlake is not a "hacking" community. Discussions of how or encouragement to "hack" (DDOS, etc) will result in suspension(s).
- Any content that involves vulnerabilities, compromises their account, or exposes end-users to potentially malicious code is not permitted here.
- Status updates are not to be used for requesting support, complaining about other users or Staff, or for advertisements of your site, services, or needs.
- You may advertise your website in your signature, but it must not be of a similar nature to WebFlake or a third-party hosting provider and it cannot contain pornography or other lewd materials. If you become inactive at WebFlake, your signature may be removed. You may not advertise for Staff positions in your signature. If you are banned at WebFlake, your signature will be removed. We will also remove signatures that are nasty and/or not in the spirit of our community guidelines (and you may have action taken against you for that). One site link per signature, please.
- Pictures are permitted within signatures but keep in mind that large images or images that cause forum lag will be removed. We don't want your signature to hinder the browsing experience of others. Obviously, pictures must comply with our community guidelines. Please refrain from using excessive multi-colored text, flash graphics, or otherwise obnoxious graphics in your signatures. These are annoying and distracting. In addition, please refrain from using excessive special characters and emoticons in your signatures. Again, these are very distracting. Finally, do not increase the text size to make your forum signature "stand out". The standard text size is absolutely fine. Let's keep the text in signatures somewhat uniform, as crazy varieties just make the forum look sloppy and distracting.
- Recommended image size is 200px or less.
Have a good time, act maturely, be friendly, make friends, and discover! That's what this community is all about. Please avoid drama, we dislike it too when things go wrong, but there's a report button. Do not "call out" other users - just report their post!
- Community Rules & Guidelines
- Uploads Rules & Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions or if you're hesitant about posting something somewhere, feel free to PM one of our Staff members. We typically reply within a day. This rules may change without any notice from the staff team, in which it is your duty to regularly read the rules for any slight changes.
Disclaimer: No actual ponies were hurt in the development of this website. If you suffer from an erection lasting more than 6 hours - woo hoo! This site may cause women to become barren and heighten the sensitivity of nipples in men. If you see elephants, please call animal control. Not to be used while skydiving. WebFlake has been associated with steady weight gain. Children who are prone to stupidity should avoid using WebFlake. We are not responsible if your anus becomes red or irritated.