About This File
BeDrive allows you to create your own fully-featured, self-hosted file sharing and hosting website in minutes without any coding or server management knowledge.
Admin Account and Panel
When accessing login page on demo site, you will get admin account credentials pre-filled. Note that destructive actions like deleting and editing are disabled on demo site.
Admin accounts will reset every hour and be populated with some sample files.
To test a regular user, create a fresh account by registering on demo site.
- Easy Installation – Install BeDrive easily with no coding or server knowledge in a few minutes with our easy to use installer and documentation.
- Ajax Based – BeDrive is ajax based application, which means it’s faster when a regular site and has no page refreshes.
- Sharing – Users can share files and folders with multiple users, allowing collaboration.
- Uploads – See status, progress, estimated time left and more for all current uploads.
- Shareable Links – Create publicly shareable links for files and folders with optional expiration date, password and permissions.
- Translatable – Site can be easily translated from admin panel, it also has multi-language suport.
- Responsive – BeDrive is fully responsive and will work on desktop, mobile, tablet and other devices.
- File Previews – Preview multiple file types including audio, video, text, pdf, zip and images right in the browser without the need to download the file.
- Amazon S3, DigitalOcean, Dropbox Storage – Easily store user upload files on many different cloud services and providers.
- Documentation – BeDrive comes with in depth documentation that explains everything from installation to all the features.
- Authentication – Fully featured authentication system with social login(facebook, twitter and google), normal login, registration, password recovery, account settings and more.
- Roles & Permissions – Assign roles and permissions to users to give or restrict access to specific functionality on the site.
- Disable Registration – Registration can be fully disabled from admin panel so only users you create manually from admin panel will be able to login.
- Grid and List views – Both grid and list views are available and freely switchable by the user so they can select the one they prefer more.
- Ads – Paste ad codes into integrated ad slots in admin panel and BeDrive will display them automatically.
- Professional Design – Pixel-perfect professional design based on google’s material design.
- Appearance Editor – Easily manage your site appearance (colors, logo, landing page, menus etc) from appearance editor.
- Settings – Admin panel has many settings that allow you to fine-tune the site to your needs.
- Analytics – Google analytics are integrated right into admin panel so you don’t need to open a separate page to see how your site is doing.
- Multiple Homepages – Choose between multiple homepages including landing page, login page or your own custom html page.
- (Optional) Payments system – BeDrive comes with integrated subscription system that allows you to effortlessly offer your users plans with different amounts of space available (fully configurable by you), this system can be completely disabled as well, if not needed.
- Drag and Drop – Natural drag and drop features for uploading, selecting and moving files & folders.
- Context Menu – Fully integrated context menu (right click on file or folder) is available with all the actions you’d expect like delete, copy, share, move, rename, get link and more. This menu can be accessed from navigation bar as well on touch based devices.
- Trash – Deleted items will first be moved to trash so they can be restored later.
- Favorites – Favorite files or folders so you can find them easily from favorites page later.
- Search – Powerful search will find files and folders that are at any level of depth.
- File Details – Sidebar on the right will display selected file or folder details as well as preview (if available).
- Source Code – You will receive full, unencrypted source code upon purchase, allowing easy custom modifications.
- PHP >= 5.6
- PDO Extension (enabled by default)
- php_fileinfo Extension (enabled by default)
- MySQL, Postgres, SQLite or SQL Database Server.
What's New in Version 2.2.0 See changelog
2019 December 30 - Version 2.2.0
- Added dark & light mode as well as multiple theme functionality.
- Data tables in admin area now have a number of built-in filters for easier data management.
- Added chunked uploading. This allows BeDrive to upload large files in smaller chunks for better upload reliability and avoid server file size limits.
- Added resumable uploads functionality.
- Added support for XSendFile and XAcceleratedResponse for reducing server RAM and CPU usage.
- Email notification can now be sent to user when a file or folder is shared with them.
- Public uploads (like user avatars) can now be stored on cloud services (s3, digitalocean, backblaze etc.).
- Email addresses can now be suggested when sharing files and folders.
- Default view mode for drive can now be selected from settings page.
- Increased performance when storing files on remote services.
- Added several new options to landing page and landing page editor.
- Reduced memory usage when creating .zip files from large files.
- Improved performance when downloading large files.
- Drive view mode changes will now be remembered between requests.
- Account confirmation email can now be resent from login page and admin area.
- Localization settings page will now show all available timezones.
- Admin area is now fully responsive.
- Custom HTML can now be entered from "admin -> appearance > custom code" page.
- "Admin > ads" page will now show a preview of where specific ad will appear on site.
- Default user avatars will now be generated automatically based on their email address.
- "iframe" and "script" tags are not supported in custom pages.
- Fixed a few non-translatable lines.
- File list will now scroll properly on mobile.
- Completely rebuilt appearance editor "colors" section, which will fix a number of issues with changing default colors.
- Fixed an issue where upload progress bar animation would sometimes be "jerky".
- When uploading multiple files, if one upload fails, other uploads in the queue will now correctly continue to upload.
- Failed uploads in appearance editor will now correctly show error message.
- Fixed an issue where user would not be editable sometimes from "admin > users" page.
- Unsupported image types should now be uploaded properly.
- Prevent files from being dragged and dropped on other files.
- Copying large images will now correctly copy auto-generated thumbnails as well.
- PDF can now be properly previewed when S3 is set as storage method.
- Fixed a few issues with backblaze upload method.
- Fixed a few text lines that were not translatable.
- Make sure file extension is always appended to downloaded file name.
- Removed deprecated google+ sharing and replaced it with email share.
- Child plans will now correctly inherit parent plan currency.
- .csv files will now be recognized as spreadsheet type.
- Fixed an issue with infinite scroll in folder preview page.
- Folder preview page will now scroll properly on mobile devices.
- Individual files in shared folder can now be downloaded by non-logged in users.
- Fixed an issue where image thumbnail would not be shown sometimes in shared folder.
- Don't ask password again for nested folders if user has already entered password for parent shared folder.
- Shared files will no longer take up user allowed storage space.
- Restoring folder from trash will now properly restore child items.