About This File
- Snow that gently falls and gathers, with wind speed and direction determined by the mouse X position.
- Settings provided include:
- Number of snow particles on screen and active ("falling") at any time
- Configurable Animation tick rate
- Snow Color (with color picker)
- Snow by default is in the header, but can be configured to be in any HTML element ID, or within the document body.
- Snow "floor" can be set in pixels (the absolute pixel value at which the snow stops falling or sticks)
- Stickiness of snow (does it stick to the bottom of the window/element or not?)
- Twinkle effect - snow fades in and out as it goes down the screen
Optional support for mobile devices (will be cruel to their CPU and battery!)
Enjoy what is perhaps the second most useless plugin ever developed for IPS4!
Original BSD-licensed code for snowstorm provided by Scott Schiller (2007).
What's New in Version 1.3.1 See changelog
- Fixed for 4.2.x!
- New bigger snowflake by default! ❄
- Re-targeted the entire body instead of just the header by default. For the previous behaviour, target ipsLayout_header instead of ipsLayout_body.
- Fix for setting the colour of the snowflake on mobile/responsive themes. Note: Newer versions of Android (and possibly iOS) prevent changing the colour of emojis. If you want non-white snow, you will have to change your snowflake character to something else, such as • .